LEN's Grade 10 Blog:

Hello! There are many reasons for you to have stumbled upon my blog. Maybe you know me from somewhere else on the net -my deviantART, my YouTube, among other things- but whatever the reason is, the main thing to know about this blog is that it's old! That's right, ancient~ (Or at least in terms of the internet) However, it is part of my personal history, so it would feel wrong for me to permanently remove it.

So I'm just going to let it sit here to rot, and hope that it blends well into it's surroundings.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Five of Ten

The perfect mode of transportation.
  If I had a choice, that is, for mode of transportation in general, I would choose to ride on a bullet train.  Not only is it environmentally friendly (or at lest I think it is, for it uses electricity to power its engines in stead of burning coal to make steam), but it also is fast and convenient.  It is the public transportation service of the future!  There are some hold-backs/restraints/down-falls/draw-backs to the bullet train, though.  Not all cities can afford to support it as a mode of transportation.  The maintenance can be expensive, and it can be hard to run during the middle of winter.  You would have to be constantly deicing the tracks and pushing back the snow in order for the train to go through.  Oh, well.  One can only hope that somewhere in the near future,  I can have the bullet train as a reliable mode of transportation.  I could see myself using it as an option for going to work, and hopping from city to city in matter of minutes.  Maybe it's wishful thinking, but one can dream, right?  (`0_0')?... ('.')---*
If I had to choose a personal mode of transportation, then it would hare to be a smart car, or at least something small, inexpensive, and uses little to no gas.  I don't even have my licence yet, so buying a car is something I don't tend to think about.  let's worry about graduating and going to collage/university first, shall we?  Then I can work my way towards buying a smart car. 
For a joy ride though, I would have to say ether a Triburon or Miata would be nice.  Only that I would be forced into driving it for three months out of the year, for I'm certainly not taking it out in winter. 

Yeah, driving in Canada can be tough, but I love living here, so I can't complain.  (-.-)

Winter- Love it or hate it?
  Although some people would rather brake down and cry upon the arrival of the first snow of winter, I tend to take more of an optimistic approach to the new fallen whites.  Not that I begin to jump up and down and giggle like a litter girl at Christmas time when I see the first snow, but I do welcome it contently.  The first few flakes, even if they only dust the ground, are a staple mark for me.  It represents a change in seasons, and gives me something to refer to when I gaze pack in time. "Ah, yes... that was around the time of that years first big snowstorm." I often say.  I always remember where I was when the first flakes began to fall, upon each passing year.  It certainly isn't any matter that should cause you any loss of sleep, nor should it thrill you to the of going into hysterics.  It's just part of nature, so don't get upset!  Snow is bound to fall sometime, especially here in Canada!  You know that it's going to come knocking on your door, weather you choose to answer it or not.  And if try to forget about it, its not going to go away anytime soon.  So, just crawl out of bed with your box of tissues, take a few deep breaths, dry your eyes, bundle up, and most importantly, go outside and enjoy all that winter has to offer!  Besides, winter only comes once a year, so you might as well use it for what its worth!  (Even though you live it for eight out of the twelve months in the year.) 

Oh, well... As one famous Canadian once said
"Here, we only know two seasons, winter and not winter (which usually lasts two-three months)"
[only I forgot the persons name... ^.^ For all I know it could have been anyone.]

Or was it "Almost winter, still winter, somewhat winter, and construction." 
Oh, wait! That's four `-`~  Haha... O(^.^ )o

What is your mood today?
  Well, now that you ask, not so good.  If you really want to know, I have pneumonia... No, no! Don't panic! I'm not dying!  I just have a little cough, that's all.  In all honesty though, whenever someone hears the word pneumonia, they look at me as though I just said it was the plague!  I had to learn the hard way not to yell the word out loud in public.  When I left school on Monday, a teacher asked me how I was feeling while I was sitting on the bench waiting for my grandfather to come pick me up.  I said "No, I'm not feeling that well." I should have really ended it there, but no, I had to add to it (rate as she was turning to walk away) saying "They say I have pneumonia."  She stopped while talking half a step, and froze on the spot as if someone had hit the pause button on the remote.  Even with all the congestion in the office during the middle of high school lunch-hour, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked me rate in the eyes.  After that brief moment of silence, everyone looked away pretending that they didn't hear me.  The teach spun on her high heal from the mid-step she was taking and turned to face me.  "Well, I guess your going to be out for a while then!" she said quite seriously in a tone of voice that struck me into a state of momentary nausea, then she turned and clopped away.  What followed that was a couple of minutes of comforting; people telling me that they hoped that I would get better and that I should have a good day, get plenty of rest, etc, etc, etc, until I left the building. ... Never again shall I breath a word/exhale a sentence that mentions anything about me having pneumonia.  From now on, if anyone asks, I have a cold, not pneumonia, a cold.  That's what it started-out as anyway.  It seemed to work it's way from my head to my chest, according to my doctor.  So, don't worry.  Everything is fine! I'm just a little sleepy from the medication that's all.  Well, I am a little sick, and it's still pneumonia!  But, its nothing a few days of rest won't fix!  So, it's back to school again tomorrow, same as today.  But please, don't try to give me an onslaught of "day-cheering" complements.  A few every now and again are greatly appreciated, but don't try to act like I've been told I have one week to live (which I haven't.  Accommodate me accordingly, just what ever you do, don't overdue it. (,'~',) Thank you for hearing me out!  ^-^

Your personal hell and heaven. 
  Hmm... Lets see.  Well, I might as well start off thinking about what my "personal hell" would be like, because I certainly don't want to end-off on that horribly negative thought, and would much rather leave myself on a more positive note when thinking about my "personal heaven."  I have often pondered about this question when day-dreaming, but never really gave it much thought.  I mean, if hell was the same for everyone, then some people would find it less torching than others.  But, if it was more personalised, then every one's treatment that they deserved would have more equality.  The same would be said for if you died and went to heaven.  There would still have to be some guidelines as to what you would reserve in either place, though.  I am sure that all of us has been told at some point in our lives that there is no place for dogs in heaven, and that may be true.  Yet, all of us still keep hoping that upon the day that we ascend into our holly resting place, that good, old sparky will be there to greet us, along with all the other pets we ever had.  No one truly knows if there are animals in heaven or not, but we often wonder what it would be like if there were.  No matter where we end-up, heaven or hell, one things for sure; that we will never no until we get there.  Whether we're baring a halo and angle wings, or a barbed tail and horns, I am sure that it will be an experience we wont soon forget, until we are born again in another life. 

  In my personal heaven, I would be trapped in rush-hour traffic in a car full of spiders, flies and annoying people, along with the rest of the embodiments of my pet-peeves, all in the middle of a thunderstorm.  My hand would be handcuffed to the back of my car seat and my eyes would be duct-taped open.  As I am stuck listen to one radio station, and one radio station only, that plays country music twenty four/seven.  While I am forced to watch on a giant televising screen: reruns of old western movies, "Wind at my Back", "Road to Avon lee", and "The Walton's". 

  In my personally heaven, there are no annoying people, only peace and quiet as I listen to piano and jazz music.  I am locked in a book store overnight, with all the manga books and art supplies imaginable.  All of my closest friends would be there too.  We would talk, play "spot light tag" in the dark, and have the ultimate video game showdown until dawn.  Or maybe I would be in an alternate Disney, Nintendo, and manga world; going on adventures with Link, Zelda, and Mickymouse in a comic book reality.  If not that, then I would be on voyage through all of Japan's islands, dining at fancy restaurants, walking through downtown Shibuya in Tokyo at night, and visiting some of the worlds best hot springs in Nagano, during the middle of winter when the waters are at their best.

  Regardless if heaven is personalised for me or not, I'm sure that it would defiantly be favoured by me over hell. 

Super hero.
  When I was toddler, Spider Man was always my favourite super hero.  I don't exactly know why I took a such a liking to him, I just did.  Maybe it was because the old cartoon show from the 60's and 70's was shown on Television on Saturday mornings when I was four years old.  I distinctly remember an image of me eating cereal (or maybe an ego waffle) while listening to the ever popular theme song that played in the background during the ending credits of the animated series.  It also might have been the Spider Man costume that I wore on Halloween when I was six.  It was probably a combination all those things and more that made me choose spider man as my childhood super hero.  It wasn't like I had an obsession with him or anything (although I did own several action figures and a bin full of toys of him in my room.  Not to mention my Spider Man squirt gun, "Silly String", flashlight, colouring book, bubble bath, toothpaste and pajamas)... okay, so, maybe just a little.  Alright, alright, I was in love with the guy!  But, who could blame me for fantasizing over one of the greatest superheros of all time.  I mean, it was every little boys dream to one day travel beside Spider Man as his one and only sidekick, fighting crime and bringing justice to cities all over the world!  Everyone had a superhero or someone that they could look up to.  For my sister, it was Sailor Moon and Barbey, for my cousin, it was Scooby Doo.  I think that every child searches for that one person that gives them something to look forward to when becoming an adult. 
  After a while though, Spider Man had lost it's magic for me, and I began to gain interests in different subjects other than comic book superstars.  I played video games, did sports, and began to take-up hobbies like drawing and writing while in my spare time.  I had more freedoms, as my parents trusted me to be able to stay at home by myself, go for walks with my dog, and stay up later than my normal bedtime.  The fantasy world of adulthood became more of a reality.  I had realised that there is a much bigger world out there than what I had expected and that I was part of it.  There were so many options to be explored, so many things I could be, so many things I could do!  It wasn't the swinging from webs, climbing on walls kind of reality I had hoped for, but this one seemed to be even better!  In some ways, I am my own super hero.  I still have people that I look up to, but I know that they were once just like me.  They were all little children who grew-up admiring somebody they loved, created dreams for themselves, and chose to follow them.  They stayed persistent and never lost sight of the light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how far away it seemed to be.  That's why I want to do the same as them; that is the answer to how I can be successful in life. 
  Everyone one that's ever lived was human.  All the people you see on television, all of the greatest inventors, all of the worlds best doctors and scientists, every single person I have ever looked up to, is and was no different than you or me.  That's what watching Spider Man had made me realise; that everyone is created equal, and that we can all achieve grate things,  as long as we keep our mind to it.

o(o|0)e~~~%( X_x) SlAt!  *{SPIDER-MAN!!!}* 
...
♪~o(^|^)0[_$_]0-(=^_^=; )o   [meow}#,=,~     "(._.)Zzzz...

Oh, by the way.  If you want to know what the collection of signs above are, then you should look at reading this blog post here.  It is Spider Man spiting a web at a badguy.  Then it is an elderly lady handing money to Spider Man and thanking him for saving her cat, while the badguy sits over to the right in dispare with Zs by his head.  ...I just thought that it would be creative to but it at the end of my post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment